Monday, June 10, 2013

This was a Long Time Ago

Here's living proof that my Batboy days were a long time ago. 

Besides the fact the smoking was allowed in the dugout, players chewed tobacco endlessly and the snack rack in the clubhouse resembled a
convenience store candy section more than a health food store, the number one reason I know it was a long time ago ... I forgot how much I was paid.

Last week, I reported that I was paid $6 per game. I was wrong. As I dug through a box of memorabilia, I found some old pay stubs from the Mariners. I was actually paid $8 per game. That's 25% more than I remembered!

If you break that down into an hourly wage, it was just over a dollar and hour. As I've said before, I didn't do this for the money.


is the author of the #1 Kindle Bestselling Young Adult novel, The Card. He's also a healthcare consultant specializing in helping healthcare companies and practices develop a social media marketing platform, and maximize cash flow. You can find him posting weekly to Indies Unlimited and occasionally as a contributor on Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment