Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A True Blog

I've been inspired from the most unlikeliest place. I've had this blog you're reading for just over two years. In fact, I completely missed my two year blog anniversary on March 19th. Clearly, I haven't given enough attention to this space.

Not that I haven't received nice comments and lots of views, over 11,000 and counting. Not bad considering that I've averaged just over 3 posts ... per MONTH!

Back to my inspiration,
he's one of my closest friend's, Tony Valente. I've known Tony for over 30 years now. He a straight shooter, always has your back and a helluva fun guy. He is NOT a writer. He's not trying to sell books or any other thing. What he does though, is blog every day, or practically every day on his new blog 10000 Miles of Experiences, Adventures and Thoughts.


It's probably safe to say that he has posted more since he started his blog in January than I have in two years! Every day he posts great stories and insights, typo's and all. That's not a critique, that's a compliment. Tony speaks from the heart in each post, whether it's about biking, his family or life in general. He does an awesome job and I rarely miss a post. That's blogging.

So here we go, I'm going to start treating my blog like it should be treated. I will attempt to post daily or nearly every day going forward. If I'm filling the pages with useless drivel, then please tell me. It's my hope that this will make me a better writer, storyteller, reporter and thought provoker.

Of course, you can still find my weekly column on Indies Unlimited and my occasional contribution on Yahoo!

So cheers to the new blog!



  is the author of the #1 Kindle Bestselling Young Adult novel, The Card. He's also a healthcare consultant specializing in helping healthcare companies and practices develop a social media marketing platform, and maximize cash flow. You can find him posting weekly to Indies Unlimited and occasionally as a contributor on Yahoo!

2 comments:

  1. Well pal, all is fair, its the fact that I was following your blog that made me want to try. I KNOW at times I am posting drivel, but you are correct, its my drivel and I am happy to share!

    Thank you VERY much for the compliments and I look forward to reading your upcoming posts!

    Like the wind pal!

    ReplyDelete