Sunday, May 27, 2012

Illuminating Blogger Award

Woo Hoo!

So here I am, minding my own business (okay everybody's business, I was on Twitter) when I see a Tweet that I was nominated for the Illuminating Blogger Award. Where did that come from??

I am honored and humbled by the recognition and I must send out props to KD Rush from The Rush Room for the nomination. The Illuminating Blogger Award is bestowed upon individuals or groups with informative content or blogging techniques or personalities. I have to think most of the content that has garnered this attention is through the Indies Unlimited Site that I contribute to on a weekly basis. While I do separate the content from this blog to IU, I tend to provide the more "how to" stuff over at IU.

Please visit the site for the award "givers" here.



The Rules
1. The nominee should visit the award site (http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/) and leave a comment indicating that they have been nominated and by whom. (This step is so important because it’s the only way that we can create a blogroll of award winners).
2. The Nominee should thank the person that nominated them by posting & including a link to their blog.
3. Share one random thing about yourself in your blog post.
4. Select at least five other bloggers that you enjoy reading their illuminating, informative posts and nominate them for the award.
5. Notify your  nominees by leaving a comment on their blog, including a link to the award site (http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/).

Random Fact
I was a member of the College All-American Marching Band and performed at the Statue of Liberty Centennial celebration in New York City.

Five Blogs
1. Storyfix  Author Larry Brooks, Story Engineering
2. Book Dads  Author Chris Singer
3. A Newbies Guide to Publishing    Author JA Konrath - Hugely influential
4. Amanda Hocking's Blog Author Amanda Hocking - Hugely influential in the early days
5. Full Moon Bites - Author Holly - She posted my first review ever!

These are five blogs that have changed my life. I don't say that lightly.

3 comments:

  1. Jim,

    You blog is worth bookmarking for that Amazon post alone. Great site sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for nominating me for this award, Jim! :)

    ReplyDelete